A.D.O.P.T. Pet Shelter Responds to COVID-19
For the safety of the public, supporters, volunteers, friends, and neighbors, A.D.O.P.T. Pet Shelter is currently closed due to COVID-19 until June 30th (we are facilitating virtual adoptions beginning May 15th, please read more below). We will reevaluate the situation at that time. We are prioritizing safety of our animals and those that care for them and about them. Please read further for more information about the shelter closure. Please be safe and stay well from all of us at A.D.O.P.T. Pet Shelter.
What does the closure of the shelter mean?
- The shelter building is closed to the public. By limiting building access to staff, we feel we are best able to control the environment to keep things healthy, safe, and comfortable.
- We are facilitating virtual adoptions beginning May 15th. Please visit our Adoption Information Page for details. Returning to normal adoption operations will be revisited at a later date.
- Our low-cost vaccine clinics and low-cost spay/neuter clinic are suspended until the shelter reopens with normal operations. Please keep an eye on our social media and website for notification of when these services will reopen.
- Through a generous outpouring of support, many of our animals are currently in foster homes. We so appreciate the support of our foster families and their willingness to share their love and homes with our animals during this difficult time. Check out our social media for updates on our animals in foster care.
- We are not currently seeking any additional foster homes, as all of our eligible dogs are currently in foster. Thank you so much for thinking of us! Please contact other shelters, especially open intake shelters, to see if they are in need of foster families.
- Our animals that are at the shelter are being lovingly cared for by our excellent staff. They are receiving all of the attention and care necessary to ensure they are happy, healthy, and comfortable. Keep an eye on our social media for fun updates on our animals at the shelter.
- While visitors are not allowed in the shelter at this time, we are still accepting donations of items. Please drop any donations in the front entry. If you would like one, there are tax receipts available in the front entry. We very much appreciate your support in this difficult time! Looking for ideas of what to donate? Check out our wish list.
- We appreciate every one of the donations we receive for the animals. However, we are currently not accepting donations of linens and towels. We are well-stocked and have more than enough to care for our animals at this time. Please contact other shelters to see if they are in need!
- Please check our website and social media for updates on the status of our operations.
- Last, but most definitely not least, we appreciate your understanding and support during these times of uncertainty for everyone. Together we will prevail and our most sincere wishes for your health and safety!